IT | PROJECT ENGINEER
Job Title: IT | Project Engineer
Location: Albion, Norfolk, Columbus
Classification: Full-Time Employee
Days/Hours Per Week: Mon. – Fri., 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Start Date: Immediate
Join a dynamic locally owned and operated technology group as an IT | Project Engineer!
Headquartered in Albion, NE, with offices in Norfolk and Columbus, Applied Connective provides innovative managed IT, communication, surveillance, security, and other technical solutions to a growing list of commercial and government clients throughout the region. Rapid growth has necessitated bringing new talent onto our team. Currently, we are seeking a highly motivated, hard-working and experienced candidate to take on a key role as an IT | Project Engineer. This will be a full-time position with standard hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The IT | Project Engineer is responsible for using their technical and customer service skills in implementing technical infrastructure projects onsite and cloud solutions remotely. Communicating effectively internally and to external resources is a top priority for the IT | Project Engineer as is learning and advancing quickly to accommodate company growth. This role will work directly with our IT | Project Manager in project implementation and with our Relationship Manager should a project request sit outside the contract SLA.
- Be a team player and leverage your resources – Being a team player requires transparency, authenticity, generosity, and empathy.
- Be service-minded and customer-oriented – Customer service excellence is the standard here, and we aim to provide a meaningful experience to the people we serve and support every time.
- Value growth – We believe the growth of a company comes with professional and personal growth of the team.
- Innovate – Challenge yourself to see what’s possible to better meet the needs of your team, your customers, and your company.
- Value integrity – Strive to do the right thing, even when you think no one is looking.
- Create happiness, work is hard – Do your best to maintain a consistently positive attitude, even in challenging situations, and look for opportunities to celebrate big and small wins.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the IT field, including experience with infrastructure and Azure/M365 system implementation
- 2+ years of relevant Managed Services and/or Consulting experience preferred
- Be self-motivated, efficient, hard-working, organized, detail-oriented, and extremely reliable
- Work independently and without the need for constant supervision to meet deadlines
- Promptly answer project and professional service related email, escalations, phone calls, and other electronic communications
- Ability to thoroughly plan, prep and implement a wide range of desktop, server cloud and network solutions
- Demonstrate excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Advanced understanding of internet-related applications, desktop applications, desktop OS and web browsers
- Be comfortable in providing onsite in-person training and support of implemented technical solutions and software
- Understanding and experience with Azure, Microsoft 365, GSuite platform management
- Implementation experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and VMWare/HyperV virtualization platforms
- Implementation experience with wireless and LAN/WAN technologies
Background Check Disclosure: It is the hiring policy of Applied Connective to conduct a full background check as a condition of employment.