IT | SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Job Title: IT | Support Specialist
Location: Albion, Norfolk, Columbus
Classification: Full-Time Employee
Days/Hours Per Week: Mon. – Fri., 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Start Date: Immediate
Join a dynamic locally owned and operated technology group as an IT | Support Specialist!
Headquartered in Albion, NE, with offices in Norfolk and Columbus, Applied Connective provides innovative managed IT, communication, surveillance, security, and other technical solutions to a growing list of commercial and government clients throughout the region. Rapid growth has necessitated bringing new talent onto our team. Currently, we are seeking a highly motivated, hard-working, and technology-savvy candidate to take on a key role as an IT | Support Specialist. This will be a full-time position with standard hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The IT | Support Specialist is responsible for using their technical and customer service skills to troubleshoot and provide resolution for inbound support requests. Communicating effectively internally and to external resources is a top priority for the IT | Support Specialist as is learning and advancing quickly to accommodate company growth. This role will work directly with our Service Manager to escalate and with our Relationship Manager should a service request sit outside the contract SLA.
- Be a team player and leverage your resources – Being a team player requires transparency, authenticity, generosity, and empathy.
- Be service-minded and customer-oriented – Customer service excellence is the standard here, and we aim to provide a meaningful experience to the people we serve and support every time.
- Value growth – We believe the growth of a company comes with professional and personal growth of the team.
- Innovate – Challenge yourself to see what’s possible to better meet the needs of your team, your customers, and your company.
- Value integrity – Strive to do the right thing, even when you think no one is looking.
- Create happiness, work is hard – Do your best to maintain a consistently positive attitude, even in challenging situations, and look for opportunities to celebrate big and small wins.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the IT field, including experience with hardware and software issues
- Be self-motivated, efficient, hard-working, organized, detail-oriented, and extremely reliable
- Work independently and without the need for constant supervision to meet deadlines
- Promptly answer support-related email, phone calls, and other electronic communications
- Interpret reported issues and understand the urgency of any reported issues
- Demonstrate excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in internet-related applications, email clients, desktop applications, and web browsers
- Understand printer configuration/management, malware removal tools, TCP/IP configuration, and desktop OS and application operations
- Have a basic working knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, and DNS concepts as well as basic wireless knowledge and knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies
Background Check Disclosure: It is the hiring policy of Applied Connective to conduct a full background check as a condition of employment.