Provides technical IT assistance to our clients and escalation assistance to Tier 1 and Tier 2 technicians by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Tier 3 Engineer, you will be expected to perform a variety of IT-related duties, including, but not limited to, the following:
Provide technical support coordination and administration functions
- Develop and maintain strong communications and status reporting of project activities to management and other teams including thorough documentation.
- Make recommendations to management for improvements on certain processes utilizing current or new technology.
- Establish and document technology standards in accordance with Applied Connective and industry standards.
- Consult with systems engineers, and/or vendor’s technical support to investigate and resolve complex server/network problems.
- Evaluate proposals for technical and/or customer-driven projects and make recommendations.
- Fully document system configurations and install/support procedures.
- Participate with management in IT service delivery development and product evaluation.
- Identify project, upgrade or hardware refresh requirements and collaborate with sales team in creation and delivery of proposals.
- Consult with clients in vCIO role regarding technology adoption and collaboration with Applied Connective management as it relates to Client budget setting.
Provide support for the Project Team and Help Desk service and operations
- Provide Tier 2 and 3 support for the Applied Connective Project Team and Help Desk service and operations.
- Utilize the Help Desk ticket application to provide complete, accurate and timely documentation of all troubleshooting processes, status reporting on assigned service orders.
- Assist client users and Tier 1 and 2 IT staff by confidently troubleshooting issues and deploying technologies including: Active Directory, MS Exchange, DNS, Group Policy, Virtualization, Server Functions/Roles, Azure Infrastructure.
- Provide Tier 2 and 3 support and implementation of Layer 3 switching, VLAN, VPN and other network technologies.
- Install and configure all types of IT technology systems and hardware
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via email, phone, and other electronic systems.
- Provide advanced training to clients and internal Applied Connective staff on the use of advanced systems and specialty applications.
- Be able to work independently and efficiently, without the need for constant supervision, to meet deadlines
- Promptly answer support-related email, phone calls, and other electronic communications
- Be highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Demonstrate excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
Because this position involves a high degree of technical jargon that can be difficult for our clients to understand, it is vital that the employee has exceptional communication skills. Effective communication from the IT Tier 3 Engineer promotes and facilitates productivity, efficiency, and synergy within the company and allows us to provide top-tier service to our clients.
Therefore, the employee must be proficient in the following communication skills:
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Writing detailed reports and communicating proper procedures.
- Effectively presenting information and responding to questions from clients, customers, and coworkers.
Employees must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Also, the IT Tier 3 Engineer should be skilled at interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, the individual should have knowledge of operating systems, database software, Internet software, and Microsoft Office products. Since the position is directly related to computer hardware and software support, the ability to learn and support new products is crucial. The employee should also have a firm understanding of computer hardware and be able to perform basic tasks, such as hard drive replacements, memory and video card installations, and other hardware maintenance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The employee will be regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; field customer calls; use their hands to finger, handle, type, or feel; and be able to talk and hear. The employee must also be able to perform light lifting up to roughly 50 lbs., as this position occasionally requires lifting and moving of computers, peripherals, and other moderately heavy objects.