IT | SUPPORT ENGINEER
Job Title: IT | Support Engineer
Location: Albion, Norfolk, Columbus
Classification: Full-Time Employee
Days/Hours Per Week: Mon. – Fri., 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Start Date: Immediate
Join a dynamic locally owned and operated technology group as an IT | Support Engineer!
Headquartered in Albion, NE, with offices in Norfolk and Columbus, Applied Connective provides innovative managed IT, communication, surveillance, security, and other technical solutions to a growing list of commercial and government clients throughout the region. Rapid growth has necessitated bringing new talent onto our team. Currently, we are seeking a highly motivated, hard-working and experienced candidate to take on a key role as an IT | Support Engineer. This will be a full-time position with standard hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The IT | Support Engineer is responsible for using their technical and customer service skills to troubleshoot and provide resolution for complex and escalated inbound support requests. Communicating effectively internally and to external resources is a top priority for the IT | Support Engineer as is learning and advancing quickly to accommodate company growth. This role will work directly with our Service Manager to escalate and with our Relationship Manager should a service request sit outside the contract SLA.
- Be a team player and leverage your resources – Being a team player requires transparency, authenticity, generosity, and empathy.
- Be service-minded and customer-oriented – Customer service excellence is the standard here, and we aim to provide a meaningful experience to the people we serve and support every time.
- Value growth – We believe the growth of a company comes with professional and personal growth of the team.
- Innovate – Challenge yourself to see what’s possible to better meet the needs of your team, your customers, and your company.
- Value integrity – Strive to do the right thing, even when you think no one is looking.
- Create happiness, work is hard – Do your best to maintain a consistently positive attitude, even in challenging situations, and look for opportunities to celebrate big and small wins.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in the IT field, including experience with Azure/M365 cloud service delivery
- 2+ years of relevant Managed Services and/or Consulting experience preferred
- Be self-motivated, efficient, hard-working, organized, detail-oriented, and extremely reliable
- Work independently and without the need for constant supervision to meet deadlines
- Promptly answer support-related email, escalations, phone calls, and other electronic communications
- Interpret reported issues and understand the urgency of any reported issues
- Demonstrate excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Advanced understanding of internet-related applications, desktop applications, desktop OS and web browsers
- Understanding and experience with Azure, Microsoft 365, GSuite platform management
- Working experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and VMWare/HyperV virtualization platforms
- Intermediate understanding and experience with wireless and LAN/WAN technologies
Background Check Disclosure: It is the hiring policy of Applied Connective to conduct a full background check as a condition of employment.