IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST — PANHANDLE
Job Title: IT | Support Specialist
Location: Nebraska Panhandle
In-Person/Remote: Fully Remote
Classification: Full-Time Employee
Days/Hours Per Week: Mon. – Fri., 8:00am – 5:00pm
Start Date: Immediate
Join a dynamic locally owned and operated technology group in Western Nebraska as an IT Support Specialist!
Headquartered in Albion, NE, with offices in Norfolk & Columbus and coming soon to Lincoln, Applied Connective provides innovative managed IT, communication, surveillance, security, and other technical solutions to a growing list of commercial and government clients throughout the region. Rapid growth has necessitated bringing new talent onto our team.
Currently, we are seeking a highly motivated, hard-working, and technology-savvy candidate to take on a key role as a remote IT Support Specialist in Western Nebraska. This will be a full-time position with standard hours, 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, requiring both remote and onsite support of clients.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for using their technical and customer service skills to troubleshoot and provide resolution for inbound support requests, and duties require remote and onsite support of clients.
Communicating effectively internally and to external resources is a top priority for the IT Support Specialist as is learning and advancing quickly to accommodate company growth. This role will work directly with our Service Manager to escalate and with our Relationship Manager should a service request sit outside the contract SLA.
- Be a team player and leverage your resources – Being a team player requires transparency, authenticity, generosity, and empathy.
- Be service-minded and customer-oriented – Customer service excellence is the standard here, and we aim to provide a meaningful experience to the people we serve and support every time.
- Value growth – We believe the growth of a company comes with professional and personal growth of the team.
- Innovate – Challenge yourself to see what’s possible to better meet the needs of your team, your customers, and your company.
- Value integrity – Strive to do the right thing, even when you think no one is looking.
- Create happiness, work is hard – Do your best to maintain a consistently positive attitude, even in challenging situations, and look for opportunities to celebrate big and small wins.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the IT field, including experience with hardware and software issues
- Be self-motivated, efficient, hard-working, organized, detail-oriented, and extremely reliable
- Work independently and without the need for constant supervision to meet deadlines
- Promptly answer support-related email, phone calls, and other electronic communications
- Interpret reported issues and understand the urgency of any reported issues
- Demonstrate excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in internet-related applications, email clients, desktop applications, and web browsers
- Understand printer configuration/management, malware removal tools, TCP/IP configuration, and desktop OS and application operations
- Have a basic working knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, and DNS concepts as well as basic wireless knowledge and knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies
Background Check Disclosure: It is the hiring policy of Applied Connective to conduct a full background check as a condition of employment.